Product and Sales Manager, Surface Ship Systems Division
Purpose of job
To manage and develop Surface Ships products and to act as a Customer focal point for both UK and International Sales and Business Development.
Reports to Head of Sales and Product Management Scope The Product Manager is responsible for development and upkeep of Ships Division Products, developing relationships with existing and new Customers both in the UK and Internationally, ensuring the retention of existing business and identifying and pursuing new opportunities to meet the Division’s order intake targets.
Dorset Innovation Park, Winfrith
Permanent, full time (37 hours/ week)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our successful and growing company in Winfrith, Dorset.
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK together with its subsidiaries, is a technological leader in many sectors and has an excellent reputation. We have unique and unrivalled domain knowledge in weapon handling, mine-hunting, naval weapons and combat systems.
- Managing existing and developing new products
- Delivering to agreed sales targets
- Growing the future sales pipeline both in the UK and Export Market
- Managing authorised bidding budgets
- Inputting to the future sales strategy and product requirements
- Ensuring the sales process is implemented and followed
- Driving standardisation and reuse strategy within the sales opportunities
The Product Manager within the Surface Ship Systems Division will be responsible for product and bid management activities within the Division in either the Mine Countermeasures, Unmanned Systems / Modular Workboat, Anti-Submarine Warfare or Surface Ship Torpedo Defence dependent on relevant domain expertise.
Knowledge, Skills and Personal Qualities Required
- Proven experience in domestic and international markets
- Able to integrate and play a leading role within the sales team
- Broad range of capabilities (bidding, direct selling, marketing, business development)
- Track record of success in large bids
- Hard working, dedication and goal driven
- Can lead and manage teams to deliver large complex bids
- Has domain expertise and an existing Customer network within the UK MOD and/or overseas relating to any of the following product lines:
- Uncrewed Surface Vessels (USVs) and Workboats
- Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW)
- Surface Ship Torpedo Defence (SSTD)
- Torpedo Detection Classification and Localisation (TDCL)
- Mine Countermeasures (MCM)
- Surface Ship Signature Management (Signature Ranges)
- Port and Harbour Security
- Product strategy development
- Sales capture and pursuit
- Leading bid proposals
- Sales target delivery as agreed with Head of Product Development
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and delivery focused
- Innovative and prepared to challenge conventional thinking
- Tenacity and determination; with desire to deliver outputs and results
- Team player and leader
- Confident and enthusiastic
- Excellent communication skills; oral and written
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Comfortable dealing with Senior Management
- Experience in Military maritime product sales in the UK and export markets
- Can widen our UK network particularly into the support divisions of the UK MOD
- Specific experience with sales in one or more of the defence domains / product lines listed above
The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance).
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to Recruitment
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance.
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB